Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ouch.. X My Snoopy Pouch: Lost & Never Found

one week since I am back from Chengdu

still can’t get over the fact that

I lost my favourite Snoopy coin pouch 

 

it was just within minutes

got my tickets to LeShan from Chengdu

 

stuffed the 8 bucks change into the pouch

thinking that we should have enough small change for

more bus journeys to come

 

glad that the departure time is within 30 minutes

went through security check

placing my backpack and woven bag

into the scanner thingy

 

found seats nearby and

trying to settle and get things in place

then I realized the pouch is missing

during my regular check for

the pouch, phone and camera

 

WTF!!

just within minutes

ransacked and ransacked all over

went around looking with not much hope

asking around at the security check booth

and the information counter

 

I didn’t even know how I lost it

and where it was last placed

 

pickpocketed?

fell and got stuck in the security check conveyance belt?

fell on the floor and got picked up by someone else? 

 

and this was just the beginning of

our 2-day-trip to LeShan and Mount Emei

I didn’t even feel like going anywhere now!

 

at least 100 RMB in there

that doesn’t matter

but this pouch has spent the last 10 years with me

at least…

 

I lost a pencil case of the same design

at the library, misplaced it

so I got this pouch and

vowed to keep it right

 

and since then it has followed me

as a petty cash / card / key purse

especially when I was abroad

it’s on the must-bring-list

can say that it was sort of a talisman

 

despite its shape

which is not that proper for

petty cash in the form of notes

because of its size

something it could get quite disorganized

 

and quite bulky too

but I like the “handy” feel

the security of holding it in my hand

 

lost it on June 13 and

spent the next week missing it and

the last resort was to at least find a photo of it

 

yesterday the last resort was to

dig old photos from an old hard disk

spent the next 30 minutes to look for the hard disk

and at least one hour browsing through photos

with no luck

 

looking to buy another one online?

with no luck, too

 

quite depressed and drew this

before the memory was gone

2015.06.20 Snoopy Coin Pouch

 

and finally remember for

snapping petty little thing

(that was its status back then)

it is more probably that I used my phone

instead of camera

 

finally!!

That will do for now!

2015.06.20 Snoopy Coin Pouch 01

 

at least..

I hope this is the very last time

I write about missing item during trip

especially favourite items of all forms

2015.06.20 Snoopy Coin Pouch 02

No comments:

Post a Comment